• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Honoring Veteran's MV show Nov 13

Preacherboy

Honoring Veteran's MV show ***Pics added

Hosted by First Baptist Church of Fenton, MI. We are located at 860 N Leroy street, zip 48430. The show will run from 11 AM-3 PM

Our plan is to get as many MV as possible for the show on Saturday Nov 13, we have 5 acres so there is plenty of room. Sunday there will be a special service at 11 AM to honor veterans.

Our church will provide grilled hotdogs/hamburgers for lunch to both attendees and show participants on Saturday.

I'll also be giving rides in the back of my deuce.

I really want to make this event special and would welcome all that could come and be a part of it! And I would certainly welcome any ideas!

Josh

Last edited:

Preacherboy

I just left the army recruiter's office and he said that this event sounds really cool. He said that he will start working on locating trucks and he hopes to find a HET and HEMTT available. He said that if can locate a HET he will personally drive it up to the show.

He also said that he cannot do anything for us in regards to helicopters, that I will have to talk to the National Guard. I also have a guy working with the AF to get a flyover of A-10's.

yak50pilot

Hosted by First Baptist Church of Fenton, MI. We are located at 860 N Leroy street, zip 48430. The show will run from 11 AM-3 PM

Our plan is to get as many MV as possible for the show on Saturday Nov 13, we have 5 acres so there is plenty of room. Right now I have a Chaplain coming to preach the following day and be a part of our special honoring veteran's church service.

Our church will provide grilled hotdogs/hamburgers for lunch to both attendees and show participants. By the way, if anyone has a field kitchen and would like to help with cooking that would make lunch more authentic.

My other plans that I am working on are to get the National Guard or Army or whoever to land a helicopter (I want them to land a Blackhawk) on the property to be part of the show, I'll be contacting the local recruiting center for their assistance. I'll also be giving rides in the back of my deuce.

I really want to make this event special and would welcome all that could come and be a part of it! And I would certainly welcome any ideas!

Josh
I'm in fat lady sings

Preacherboy

Last night I was at the Fenton vs. Holly football game with my truck as a static display. They were doing a special fundraiser for the Wounded Warriors Project, I had the opportunity to speak with the company commander of this area's army recruiting. He was very helpful and he says they will work to help us out at this show and they will try to coordinate with some reserve units and get some new trucks here for the event.

Once again, if I want a helicopter I have to talk to the National Guard.

Preacherboy

We are getting closer to this event and I will be PM'ing folks and finding out any interest for the military vehicle show Nov. 13--rain or shine! If it is raining we will obviously have our food indoors.

Preacherboy

I'll be there with the 818, might make multiple trips and try to get the 109 and the deuce over there too.
Mike, what you could do it bring the 818 over a couple days early on your way home from work and we will park it out front along with my deuce and I'll just give you a ride home or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks