• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Honoring Veteran's MV show Nov 13

Preacherboy

mike, didn't notice your question...yes! Several more, guys have been calling the church and it is scrolling on the bank's sign. Looks like we will have more than 20 vehicles pretty easily. I've been washing and painting my truck, my dad got an alternator for his truck.

I'm trying to convince a guy to bring his unimog now, I've never seen one of those.

Preacherboy

The show is tomorrow from 11AM-3PM! Got my truck parked out front, just got the fire extinguisher mounted and the wheel chocks are on too.

Just an update, the chaplain is unable to come and be a part of our service on Sunday, so I guess I'll be preaching the sermon instead...but the service will still primarily be about honoring veterans.

Last edited:

Preacherboy

Bob, we didn't have a huge turnout...even though it was a super nice day. We had 2 Jeeps, 1 M1008, a m109, and 3 m35a2's. I had some committments from some others and I'm surprised they didn't come, but we still had a really good time and lots of veterans showed up. We ate good too!

Preacherboy

The last picture is of a veteran from our church, 89 years old. He died of a stroke last week, I had the privilege of doing his funeral Saturday. He fought in WW2, he joined shortly after he was married. He fought for 3 years and was involved in all kinds of battles in N. Africa and took part in 2 beach landings, at Sicily and Italy. He was stuck on the beach in Anzio for like 6 months.

He told me that he basically got a hot shower once each year and slept on the ground for 3 years. Unexpectedly, he suffered a fatal stroke 2 weeks ago; but at least he got to relive some memories at the MV show. He did tell me that the driver of the 2.5 ton truck he rode in kept wine in the jerry can on the step!

Attachments

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Preacherboy My hats off to fellow Brother in ARMS The Good Lord As our shepard Will aways Look over us with open arms bring us to the light when its time to go into LIGHT.
Vets that seen it will bow are heads and pray and then stand proud and
Give A Military Salute.
I talk with him there and he is very Nice to talk to He and I had some what in common ground
we both spent a lot time in the desert in a foreign Lands.
Preacherboy give me a call.
Some day I will half to show Photos of Babylon
When I was There.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks