• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood Damage!

dcwilkie

Did it

raise the hood climb up there stand on the valve cover hold the hood and push it back into place with your foot should pop right back as long as its not creased:roll:
I did as you suggested and it popped out somewhat. Looks like one corner is creased though and the center reinforcement cross beam is now a good inch away from the underside of the hood. When I tried to whang the beam back into place, the hood popped back into dent mode. :roll:

Gonna try the basketball approach next.
Thanks for all the great suggestions y'all!

zout

opps- sorry - seen the pic after the site reloaded - you should be able to pop that back out - apologize I did not see the pic - did not want to offend.

Mine is the same way on #2 - it looks like someone allowed the hood to be smashed against the hardtop - flippin it open

zout

send me a pic closer of the creased area - where the metal is actually bent and not just popped - you may have to re-paint but may be able to straighten

joeypushjr1

alot of those storage places have policys you sign saying there not responciable for anything doen to your property and they not responciable for cost of fixing. you ask how i know been there done that .. lol

southdave

That Blows after all the post I have read with poeple in AL having trouble with towns and villiages parking your prop. at your home your alturnitive is to park it somewhere else to be abused let that happen to some soccer mom surb. and the feds would get involed .

Last edited:

Pawnshop

Showed dad the pic of your hood. The first thing he said is "Why is it white?" I tried to explain that the pic is showing water reflection but he refuses to believe it. :roll:
It is the overcast sky reflecting on the wet surface, the ripples in the water are cause the motor is running (trying to warm up, it was about 45 deg out that morning).

SR

Scarecrow1

I'm with Divemaster 920 LOL But . If the storage place has insurance I'm sure they will have to pay for it . Didn't you just repaint it last month ???? Man that sucks

bobbed818

I think Joey has it right. Most "super duper extra safe" storage facilities have you sign a waiver saying that you can not hold them responsible for damage to your property. I say go with KI4GSN. Have someone take pictures while you attempt step 3, post them right away!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks