• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood dogbones too short?

dohabandit

I have an older M998 and my rubber dogbones for the hood latches need to be replaced. I bought some parts off ebay and when they arrived they appear to be at least 1-2" too short. I don't see how they could stretch to fit without destroying the parts.
It looks to me like there might be a difference in length for this part depending on the vehicle. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am looking for some longer dog bones if anyone has some new old stock?

Action

What is the length from hole center to hole center on your new ones? The ones on my HMMWV are about 5 1/2" and are tight after a few years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks