• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood hook seals

thoner7

Attachments

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seals around my air lift hooks don’t line up correctly. Is this common? The hood itself looks like it’s on right, only that the rubber is off.

I’ve looked at new rubber and they don’t appear to have any play in their mounting. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1755600488...pbirzKAzqYGeFJBcgQC85Uby_iSaTNF8aAqmeEALw_wcB

What gives?
Rectangular cross section of the hook sitting in a round hole of the seal. Mine was doing the same thing. I not only adjusted my hood fore and aft but also replaced the rubber seal with a new one that had more elongated holes. Don't think it was OEM but looks nice and gives more room for hood adjustment(s).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks