• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood markings?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My older son was a Marine combat engineer/truck driver and told me how to read these.
They are called Embarkation Codes, and are painted near the front passenger corner of all Marine tactical vehicles and trailers.

C/C is Condition Code. The only two I know for sure are A is new, F is obsolete and will not be repaired if anything expensive breaks. When I visited my son's motor pool (1st CEB) on Camp Pendleton around 2011, all their M939 series trucks were marked C/C F, even ones in like-new condition.
They usually don't have a date attached, in your case (judging by the paint date) that 06/09 was probably supposed to follow REB.

REB. is when it was last rebuilt.

PRES. is Preservation Code, has to do with going aboard ships and how much preparation it received (like sealing intakes etc.). Drive on/off means they were driven on and chained down, no other work done.

P000 and P001 etc. remains a mystery to me. To quote my son "Only the Squids know what that means".

2320-etc. is the NSN of the vehicle

WR CARC 06/09 means it was painted with Water Reducible CARC in June of 2009

Cheers

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy to help! I try to keep up with the Marine markings, since they can be ambiguous. ;)

I neglected to mention that on your vehicle C/C E would be a downgrade (thus painted out) of its previous higher rating.

Somewhere on your vehicle you should have a UIC code, an M followed by five numbers (example M12345), that is the identification code for the last unit that owned the vehicle. It is usually on the doors, rear and sometimes the front of most vehicles, but tends to wander. On Humvees, it's usually under the door cutouts.
In this case it is M11400, which is 1st CEB (combat engineer battalion)

Cheers

0000000 1 - Copy (2).jpg

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I tried to figure out some new tags I found on my truck, I ran into a "packaging" TM for all kind of military things to be shipped somewhere, including "movable vehicles". It stated that, in the case of vehicles, the markings or shipping details should be attached at the front of the passenger front fender of a vehicle.

They are called Mil-STD-####. Mil-Std-2073 is one, but not the one I saw. I will look tomorrow if I can find that specific TM for you on my computer.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a nice looking Humvee, DREDnot! (y)

Marine tactical vehicles, and the troops who operate them, routinely deploy on various types of Navy landing ships so most have the markings on them.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks