• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hood markings

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a Texas Former Military Vehicle, the "original" numbers are my Official TEXAS License Plate. I suppose that would be about as LEGAL as you could get. I even had to provide a photo of the markings when I registered her.

BTW: $10.00/Year (+ $10.30 in other road and bridge fees), paid in 5-year cycles so the 10.30 comes around only every 5 years.

saddamsnightmare

April 26th, 2010.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior:

Did you guys ever figure out if there are weight and mileage/use limitations with that registration? I carry a copy of the codes for military vehicles in both of my trucks, but they were registered before I knew of the exemptions as "truck"'s, and the courthouse ladies are not inclined to change it to former military vehicle status, though Longview told them that the deuce was exempt from inspection requirements..... Seems in Texas the plate stays with the vehicle as long as it is registered in the state.
I gotta love this place for the only reason that they are so generous as regards former Military Vehicles, particularly when you see the hoops, and in Wisconsin, the brick walls other Steel Soldiers get to deal with....aua

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
April 26th, 2010.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior:

Did you guys ever figure out if there are weight and mileage/use limitations with that registration? I carry a copy of the codes for military vehicles in both of my trucks, but they were registered before I knew of the exemptions as "truck"'s, and the courthouse ladies are not inclined to change it to former military vehicle status, though Longview told them that the deuce was exempt from inspection requirements..... Seems in Texas the plate stays with the vehicle as long as it is registered in the state.
I gotta love this place for the only reason that they are so generous as regards former Military Vehicles, particularly when you see the hoops, and in Wisconsin, the brick walls other Steel Soldiers get to deal with....aua

Excellent points on the TxFMV registration and associated limitations.

As for loads:
Any PERSONALLY OWNED load (non-commercial, such as a Home Depot Purchase) is legal and falls under the "maintanence run" provision as "excercising the suspension with a reasonable load". You wouldn't want to have a reciept for the purchase showing any kiind of contractor's discount.

As for usage:
I work for a Cemetery and Funeral Home, officing at the cemetery. (7-mile separation between locations). Any "Daily Use" that I might enjoy can and is legally documented as "exhibition" as I park and display her in front of our Veterans Field Of Honor while at the cemetery and log the event. While parked, I post a card in the window describing both the M35A2 trucks in general and a brief history of this particular truck - hence an OFFICIAL Exhibition.

As for documentation:
I carry a 3" three-ring binder with hard copies of the applicable Texas DMV regulations as well as City Ordinances regarding parking and storage in a residential neighborhood and noise restrictions (applies to LOUD music and RACING only).

So far, all I've gotten is enthusiastic wave, horn honking and one Sheriff's Deputy gave me a Whoop-Whoop from his siren and a BIG SALLUTE :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks