• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood Not Closing Properly

LoveOfCountry

The passengers side of multiple hood does not latch closed properly. I purchased it like this thinking it would be an easy adjustment but looking at it in depth now, maybe not so much. Looks like the air intake is sitting too high. There is a way to adjust it about a half an inch which I already did. It still sits a solid 1” or more above where tone hood should close. Anyone experience this?

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this one Deuce? If you have adjusted it down as far as it goes then this piece is probably not the correct one, either find the correct one for this application or if you can cut this one off. First make sure you have everything else where and how it should be look at the TM it will deny or confirm your setup!

LoveOfCountry

Is this one Deuce? If you have adjusted it down as far as it goes then this piece is probably not the correct one, either find the correct one for this application or if you can cut this one off. First make sure you have everything else where and how it should be look at the TM it will deny or confirm your setup!
Yes should have stated this at the start. This is a 1990 M923 A2. 🇺🇸

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not sure what you are referring to “cab mount?”The hood isn’t closing properly bc it’s hitting the top of the heater blower intake.
The rubber bushings that the cab of the truck sits on. Are they still there? With age, they deteriorate. Same thing with the M108x and M107x trucks. The rubber fails eventually and things settle that shouldn't...

That is what @WillWagner was referring to.

LoveOfCountry

Yes that has full rubber and I adjusted it as far down as possible. Seems it’s that top intake? Part of the heater box blower as shown in the pic above. Weird.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes that has full rubber and I adjusted it as far down as possible. Seems it’s that top intake? Part of the heater box blower as shown in the pic above. Weird.
Right but what we were suggesting is that the mounting point where the cab tilt rotates could possibly different (height) than the 4 bushings that support the truck cab. Those two parts are not attached - except with the two latches on the sides of the cab and hood.

LoveOfCountry

Right but what we were suggesting is that the mounting point where the cab tilt rotates could possibly different (height) than the 4 bushings that support the truck cab. Those two parts are not attached - except with the two latches on the sides of the cab and hood.
Ok I think I’m tracking. I’ll take a look today. New to the M923 so figuring it out as I go. Thanks for the suggestion. 👍🇺🇸

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks