• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hood

tatra813

Anybody know of any surplus humvee hoods for sale. Im doing a humvee body on my monster truck and go through a lot of bodies

Thanks

wb1895

Not sure how many guys are gonna respond to this knowing it is gonna get smashed. But to answer your question have you checked the surplus stores such as Eastern Surplus, Boyce Equipment, Saturn Surplus, Delks Army Navy, White Owl..........

Ragnarok

Since they will ultimately be wrecked, eventually.. is there a reasonable way for you to use your next hood as a template of sorts to make a mold from, and then can make your own fiberglass ones from that? Sorry I don't know of any surplus hoods for sale other than from the places people already mentioned, but figure be worth an outside observation since constant "real" ones can be rather costly for your intended use of them.

tatra813

yea been watching ebay...all of them are on east coast they are usually between 200-$500 on ebay. not sure if I had a mold if they would be that cheap

From what the surplus places are saying is, the bases dont even hardly auction them off anymore since there is such a low demand and they arent made of steel for recycling. They just throw them away

Last edited: