• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hook lift Deuce?

chevyhurstolds84

I have also looked into a hooklift for my 5 ton for all the same reasons. Check out a company called swap-loader and there is another company that has a dump hoist on a square tube frame. At the head there is a winch. It is basically a simple roll off set up. I think it will work great on a duece. most commercial hooklift systems and roll-off setup are heavy. Keep it simple and fun! I went with a Knuckleboom, dump hoist and 1400 R20's on my M813.
I like you set up sounds sweet. have any pictures? How much more weight are we talking here? because Im not worried up to around 2000 pounds. I'm really into the hook lift idea and ill look into swap loader and see if they make hinged lifts for dumping.

landfillman

Yes thats what I meant the hook lift is mounted on the dumping subframe.
Ampliroll Hook Lifts - Manufacturers - Truck Utilities - St. Paul Snow Plows, St. Paul Snow Removal Equipment, St. Paul Cranes, St. Paul Lifting Equipment, St. Paul Utility Trucks

Ampliroll AL 90 - Hook Lift - Lift Equipment - Truck Utilities - St. Paul Snow Plows, St. Paul Snow Removal Equipment, St. Paul Cranes, St. Paul Lifting Equipment, St. Paul Utility Trucks

Ampliroll makes a nice one with withoug a taller subframe. Im going to build a rolloff bed for my 700 Ford. We have 3 Rolloff older Macks at work and have a discontinued bed we traded up for a newer one but it wieghs 12k by its self minus 100 gallons of fluid.

I think one or 2 of our rolloff done have subframes. The hinges bold on the back of the truck frame and the cylinders also saddle mount the frame. It works good and would be simple to make with a hydraulic spool winch.

chevyhurstolds84

Yes thats what I meant the hook lift is mounted on the dumping subframe.
Ampliroll Hook Lifts - Manufacturers - Truck Utilities - St. Paul Snow Plows, St. Paul Snow Removal Equipment, St. Paul Cranes, St. Paul Lifting Equipment, St. Paul Utility Trucks

Ampliroll AL 90 - Hook Lift - Lift Equipment - Truck Utilities - St. Paul Snow Plows, St. Paul Snow Removal Equipment, St. Paul Cranes, St. Paul Lifting Equipment, St. Paul Utility Trucks

Ampliroll makes a nice one with withoug a taller subframe. Im going to build a rolloff bed for my 700 Ford. We have 3 Rolloff older Macks at work and have a discontinued bed we traded up for a newer one but it wieghs 12k by its self minus 100 gallons of fluid.

I think one or 2 of our rolloff done have subframes. The hinges bold on the back of the truck frame and the cylinders also saddle mount the frame. It works good and would be simple to make with a hydraulic spool winch.

Cool i see what you mean. sorry im novice to all this.

M1075

Here are some more videos of the M1074 prototype showing the utility of a hooklift system.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQ6qQeBwiA[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNXnkfMW4Mo[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhOKlkRH7_A[/media]

M1075

There is no way in heck that I would spend $17-$19k to add a swaploader to a deuce platform. Get a big truck to handle the job!

treeguy

"There is no way in heck that I would spend $17-$19k to add a swaploader to a deuce platform. Get a big truck to handle the job!"

Right?!!! So where can I get a M1075 with all the trimmings? That is one sweet looking truck and she sounds great too!

landfillman

You might try an older truck junk yard as they may have a few older units fors scrap price. A few years ago One was sold by a bed company that fot a 2 ton farm truck for 1200 truck and all.

quickfarms

The cost is what made me give up on the idea.

I did find a used on on the east coast for half that.

I know where there are several rolloff truck in a wreking yard here in California. They want 2500 for the setup but it is an unusual slide on top design. It could probably be modified to the standard setup.

If you just want to swap the bed check out swaploader for some ideas.

One idea would be to convert your truck to a dump and add a winch to the front of the bed and a roller to the back.

or just build a small rolloff.

On dump trucks the bed is uually power up and gravity down.

On a roll off the bed is power up and power down. this helps in keeping the loading angle down.

Also the sheeve roll offs usually have more power than the winch models, but the frame has to be thicker to house the rams.

I would not worry about them being top heavy. I used to haul a lot of stump boxes on my rolloff and would commonly scale at 10,000 lbs over weight (60,000 lbs) this was hard on the tires but did not make the truck seam top heavy but then again I had no srings and just a walking beam in the rear. I did love those air lockers.

Personally I prefer the roll off to a hook lift but i am biased based on my experiance.

sierra117

That is pretty much what a rolloff truck is there are ones with cables and rails and there is the the one with the hook. I used to drive them and the hydraulics can be a bit complex of a setup. Might be able to find a old rolloff truck for sale to get parts from

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks