• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hooking up Heater

Loose Deuce

Does anyone know how to wire up the on/off switch for a heater? I'm hooking up a mutt Jeep heater in my Deuce and it didnt have any instructions with the kit. Wiring up the power is what I need, it has a Hi and Low and Off toggle switch. That ceramic piece with the wire thats coiled around it, where does it go ? I'm not that good with electrical wiring and componets :confused: Where could I get a wiring diagram? :shocked:

MVtrucker

Easy one. Lets designate the switch posts as follows: A. Center B. High C. Low Speed. Hot from circuit breaker to center post A. Mount the ceramic resister in an open area, like on the firewall in engine compartment. Run one wire to B and the other to C. Attach the heater motor's wire to B (now two wires on post B). If I remember correctly, when the toggle is flipped to the B side, it will be on Low Speed. When flipped the opposite way it'll be on High. Double check this before mounting the switch and data (if it has one) plate. The way the switch works is when switched to low, voltage from A goes to C and the resister then back to switch Post B and motor. When on high, voltage goes directly from A to B to motor. I can send a sketch, if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks