• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn doesn't work

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the brass collar.. Put it around the metal hornswitch, pushed everything back flush with the steering wheel. HMMWV now has 'MEEP MEEP' noises.

I THINK for the first time since I bought it, everything works!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got the brass collar.. Put it around the metal hornswitch, pushed everything back flush with the steering wheel. HMMWV now has 'MEEP MEEP' noises.

I THINK for the first time since I bought it, everything works!
Yes!!! Now quick... Go somewhere - even just around the block while everything is working as it should!

:cool:

Sure is nice. I can speak from experience. Working, Broke, Working Broke, Working... Over time though eventually all those things get repaired and stay fixed. That is part of the adventure I suppose.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes!!! Now quick... Go somewhere - even just around the block while everything is working as it should!

:cool:

Sure is nice. I can speak from experience. Working, Broke, Working Broke, Working... Over time though eventually all those things get repaired and stay fixed. That is part of the adventure I suppose.
Next step, replacing all of the coolant hoses and the hard pipe on the side of the engine. Everything has a very slow weep when cold (when hot, completely dry). After that, I suspect front brake pads may be next.... And just general maintenance. I still need to go over the whole maintenance checklist and look for things that need maintenance (as well as grease everything.. Last time it was greased was about a year ago now, by the previous owner... so it's all due)