• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Issue

dodger73

Have an 86 M1008 that every now and then when I turn the steering wheel to turn a corner the horn goes off. Sometimes it stays on & you have to hit the steering column right where the steering wheel and column connect in order to shut it off. It will go months on end with no issue and then all of a sudden it's a problem again. Have taken the horn assembly apart and I don't see anything wrong. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here? Greatly appreciate any help, thanks.

ssdvc

I had a few issues with my horn. Purchased a rebuild kit (spring, rod and something else) from NAPA. Cheap and it was an easy fix.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also a internal horn button and spring inside the turn signal assembly, inside steering column.
I chased a horn issue for months before finally finding an issue with that button and spring.
Installed NOS GM turn signal assembly and problem solved.

Continues to be issue free.

So if the above recommendations don’t solve it, I would look into replacing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks