• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Issue

stranger75

I went to pull-a-part today and grabbed a few parts from a civilian Blazer as well as a couple C/K trucks. One of my finds was a horn. I had noticed that the volume of my horn was inaudible at highway speed and wanted to replace it. The blazer that I pulled from had two horns on it, one on the driver side marked "LO", one on the pass side marked "HI". I figure if they work, I'll have a two tone horn that will hopefully be louder than what I have been using, the standard cucv horn.

So, this afternoon I pulled the grille off my truck, pulled the horn and suppressor, spliced the green wire together with that of the civvy horn, and found out it doesn't work. :shock: I made sure the service lights switch was in the ON position, checked the fuse and tried again. Nothing. I could hear the horn relay clicking, but got nothing from the horn. Next, I disconnected the new (to me) horn, and re-installed the original horn. Once again, nothing.

The original horn worked before I pulled it off, what would cause it to not work now? I know the fuse is good, and that the relay is good, so what am I missing?

nunya

If i am correct, Don't they ground through the mounting bracket? Maybe a little dirty around the mounting holes scuff both sides and see if it is a bad ground?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks