• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HORN!!!!!! It's on and won't stop!!!!!

Patruck

All the threads I have read are related to horn not working!
well mine works and boy does it, problem is it won't stop working unless I unplug the wires to solenoid!
I was just cruising down the road and all of a sudden HONK!!!!
had to pull over scramble onto the hood chicken scratch to get it open pull plug out of horn and now I can't hear nuttin.
button on wheel still seems normal changed horns completely with another I have from second truck! Still just blow as loud as it can until it drains the air tank or I pull plug!

what in the world have I done and how do I make it stop?

91W350

You probably have a grounded spot in the wire that runs down the steering column from the horn button. A lot of them get really roughed up where they leave that center shaft and turn towards the horn. Glen

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unplug the electrical connector from the horn. If it keeps blowing, the valve in the horn itself is probably stuck. Don't know if it is repairable.

If it stops blowing, then its an electrical problem and 91W350's suggestion is the likely cause.

OOPS... I guess you already did unplug it as stated in your OP. :oops:

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Glen is correct, look right where the wire comes out of the steering box, if the problem isn't there, it's probably inside the steering tube. Look at the TM drawing and replace/repair the wire.

Flyingvan911

Ditto on the ground wire shorting. While you're at it, pull the air line off the horn and give the solenoid a few drops of oil to keep it well lubed.

Patruck

You guys are great! Got it to stop! And I have a fully functioning horn!
wire was worn and touching the frame right at the steering gear box!
thanks guys!
see y'all at Zouts this weekend!
i will be bringing all kind of parts!
turbo and all its fixins
radiator
bumper
grill
fenders
dash
lift pump
Heads
tires