• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn sounds when fuse inserted and

edpdx

Did the searches on this forum and tracked down the Diode on the rear of the horn relay near the fuse block. I use to know how to read IC; but don't remember now. What diode is used here. I hate to just cut it out. I'll make up a diode with two leads and use parasite splices to tie the new one in and snip the old one out. I have some before shots, I just need the diode to get back up and running. Will post after... after.

Ed

edpdx

bigburb11, HUH? Man I'm stoked to hear this... I think?!? What exactly did you get? What do I ask for:
relay with the diode integrated IIRC

Is there another thread discussing this? Do you know the part number. Do tell.

bigburb11

Well. I went to NAPA and asked for a horn relay for an 84K30. I cut the diode out of the factory harness. Works fine. I believe the schematic on the relay showed the diode in the circuit... it would be easy to incorporate that into the "black box" that is the relay... I can take a look at the relay tomorrow when I'm home if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks