• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn squealing when first started

Bcurtman

My deuce just started this. I had some lines loose / off while bobbing it, and now the horn squeals until the air pressure gets to 30 psi or more. Very annoying! I disconnected the solenoid and tried to see if it was stuck, but my understanding is that the solenoid is always powered and closes on ground. Only other thing I changed was a line (that I am guilty of not chasing back to its origin) that was open and seemed to be venting air out of. I plugged it. It comes up the firewall on the passenger side and was just bent over. I wonder if it was originally connected to the air cleaner housing?? Horn works as normal once air pressure is up. Could I have connected the wires back to the solenoid incorrectly? Any ideas?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The line that was open, may be your airpack vent or your fuel tank vent. What did you do with it?

You have a bad air solenoid on your horn.