• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horsies and torquies

Bigbondo007

Wandering how accurate these advertised hp and torque specs are on the duramaxhub url. They're saying military engines are producing 165/330 over civilian 130/240. I'm running an industrial at 145/240. What's the difference between the industrial and heavy duty? Also have a spec sticker overlayed, anyone else seen this? 8th Vin digit is a j (ll4 engine)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cucvrus

Hey get an M10 flange nut on that Gen 1 alternator brace. What's a few horse power between friends? At this point a few of the horses have died off and ran away. I once was more powerful now I just idle better. Wide open I leak and burn oil. Take Care and Be Safe.

Keith_J

135 HP at 55 MPH and wide open throttle.
Power is based on fuel delivery, at 3600 RPM, 44 cubic millimeters per stroke is 65 pounds of fuel per hour. At a BSFC of 0.45 pounds per horsepower hour, that is 155 horsepower

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks