• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Horton" complete (M1009)

Starlight

Hey guys, finally have "Horton" complete. A.C. is in. Stereo etc., etc. Lot of fun doing it but with new baby barely got her done. She's a blast to drive and yes my wife Meg loves it as does the newborn Jessi Jo. My other truck won't put her to sleep but this one does the trick ! Here are some pics. The other pics are of "Miss Daisey" up in Nova Scotia . There's also a shot of meeting Dennis (Maritimer) and Cat. Great people. Wish we could have spent more time with them but ...next year ! Hope everyone having a blessed summer and don't forget to SUPPORT THE TROOPS ! T, Meg and Jessi Jo.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a beautiful looking CUCV!

Can we get some more close-up pics of the rear bumper and spare tire mount area? Looks like a neat upgrade...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great T. Can't believe it was the same truck. Hey, I still owe you for a slave cable.

Starlight

Thanks guys. The spare carrier is a Hummer2. Worked out real well. I'll take some close ups for you. No sweat Kenny. If you like go ahead and make check out to Potter's Clay Christian Community. In Memo put Palm Beach Troop Support. Thanks.

maritimer

yeah defintly looks good, would love to see close ups of the spare tire carrier . putting mine outside would defintly make takingthe family camping alot easier lol

JB

Nice looking truck. What shade tan is that and approximately how much did the AC run you? Where did you get it and how difficult was it to squeeze under the hood? Any pics? Sorry for all the questions but I would like to do that with one of mine.

Starlight

Paint is from MilSpray/ Dessert Tan/ A.C. is from Mike at OD iron. He was there for every question...There will be questions. I don't suggest anyone install one of these until you're ready. By that I mean that you WILL have to do some fabrication here and there and make adjustments. After all said and done, WOW , what a difference , especially here in South Fla. Other suggestion is to tint windows and make truck tight . I was still getting heat from under the dash where air goes past the heater core. I put a shut off valve in hot water line to tackle that. Very happy with it but once again, not easy, not fast. That needs to be said. And thanks Mike for hanging in there with the install. I'll get some pics soon. Keep Supporting the Troops ! Capt. T

Attachments

Starlight

Couple of shots of Horton in the "beginning". As some or most know I won a bid on GL and started months of hastle with the EUC bull#%& ! I was running out of time before baby came along and this one came up in Carolina. Spoke with the mechanic and everyone that had anything to do with this truck. Everyone was honest and long story short bought her for scratch ! Brand new engine in truck. Truck itself only had 16k on her. All in all great stuff. Of course I put so much into her that I'll have to keep her until this newborne drives it to the prom make it pay off ! I'll get everyone some closeups of the spare tire carrier. Cool thing about the carrier is they're everywhere for cheap. Look on Ebay for the Hummer 2 take offs. I guess the soccer moms don't like em or ?? Oh, by the way I had to pay $$ to get out of the GL deal but worth it.

Dodgeman1941

It looks like there are openable side windows on the back, what are they and where did you get them? I would like to set something up on my sons to get more air flow in the back seating area, the air gets pretty warm and stagnant while cruising down the road.

AJMBLAZER

Dodgeman1941 said:
It looks like there are openable side windows on the back, what are they and where did you get them? I would like to set something up on my sons to get more air flow in the back seating area, the air gets pretty warm and stagnant while cruising down the road.
That was a standard GM option on the Blazers and Jimmy's in the 80's. I'd imagine he swapped those in.

aboonski

That's an amazing looking M1009! Makes me want one really bad! I have three full size K5's that have factory air and one has the removable hard top with the sliding glass and wing vents for the "back seaters". One of my K5's has a spare tire setup that came from the factory and hooks onto the tailgate (1979 Cheyanne) and it even has the factory roll bar in the back too. Almost all of this stuff can be adapted for use with the CUCV. I keep looking around the State of Florida for a nice M1009 that hasn't been "converted" to gas or to 12 volts and they are hard to find! If I ever get down to West Palm I will want to stop by and see that CUCV of yours!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks