• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hospital sighting in New Orleans

preyn2

Appears that the hospital chose a legitimately smart truck to haul their disaster response trailer around.

And that causes me to think that the photo was staged. lol

OL AG '89

good thing the incident response unit will be the first vehicle AT the incident! Hitch is definitely weak link if just mounted to bumper loops and not frame. I also notice the markings, showing 1 of 2..... Could that mean there will be at least TWO vehicles at the incident?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hospital

The Hospital actually has 2 of them. Lesson learned from katrina and High Water that crippled the hospitals in New Orleans. They don't want to make the same mistake.

As the BSA says, " Be Prepared!" In New Orleans after k, that has taken on a brand new meaning!

Take Care,

rattlecan6104

also think about the leverage put on that hitch the way it is mounted, there is a real good chance a hard stop could shear those bolts holding it to the bumperettes right off.

great attempt, just poor engineering on this one.

SMOKEWAGON66

Since the hitch has been covered, I wont say that that hitch is absolutely, 100% WRONG and DANGEROUS. Hopefully no one gets killed when it breaks free..not if...WHEN.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
we are actually welding and bolting a two foot section of deuce frame under the back of the frame for the hitch to mount to. We think that will be enough length for the rotational torque both for pulling and stopping so that nothing bends. We will have a crossmember to help with side stresses. Pics will be posted when we get something done.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we are actually welding and bolting a two foot section of deuce frame under the back of the frame for the hitch to mount to. We think that will be enough length for the rotational torque both for pulling and stopping so that nothing bends. We will have a crossmember to help with side stresses. Pics will be posted when we get something done.
I go for a complete redesign, Bumperettes???? Really!
I wouldn't weld anything to the frame, Grade 8 bolts from hitch to frame.

Bumper hitches are for itty bitty trailers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks