• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hot rod deuce and half

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your doctor know that you have stopped taking your medication?

Dual circuit brakes, nice upgrade!

Looks like a Hybrid, burns gasoline and rubber...

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I've been dreaming of a "rat rod" MV but I want to use the V-8 Detriot and Allison tranny and a deuce cab. Open engine compartment and big tires on the back and small on the front. Wish I had a shop to set up all my equipment.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What about some pics of the front axle/frame mounting, ??? thank you,
WOW, great job

JerseyHick

Judging by the cab pics, it's just 2wd?

Very neat ride though!
Yes, just 2wd. My original intent was to make it 4wd. Had it all worked out. Just using the factory pillow block, drive shaft thru the grill, radiator behind the cab.
But i'd have to put the truck on air bags to get the look i wanted and pump it up to make it a useful 4x4. that woulda put me way over budget. Not to mention more parts to fail.

JerseyHick

Front axle is a suicide setup. I used the factory deuce leafs, cut them in half to make them 1/4 elliptical and lower control arm combo.
For the uppers I used the factory dog bones just had to cut and lengthen them.

jw4x4

That is super cool. You obviously have mad skills and it shows. Great build. I wish I could see it in person, I know the pics don't do it justice. I can only imagine.....

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is amazingly cool.

I love how you preserved the lines & character of the original truck. Outstanding!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks