• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hot rod deuce

spicergear

DO IT! Less compression would allow for some more boost so dump a handful of points and compound turbo it! Rods...not the strongest big end. Piston pins...SOLID...yikes- how about lightening up that bit of dumb mass with a hollow piston pin? Someone should have mentioned piston cooling nozzles too. And the fuel density compensator dealie in the IP will be leaving too. :)

JasonS

Although you'd loose multi-fuel capability, I've got a feeling that if you switched to the White tractor pistons you could up the RPMs a lot before you snapped the rod big ends.

I suspect the pistons in the White tractor motor are a whole lot lighter than multi-fuel ones.
Ironically, the tractor folks are switching to the high compression ratio pistons to improve cold weather starting.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is the trade-off. When you start lowering the compression in a diesel engine, starting becomes harder. You'd want a potent cold starting system.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question: what does the multi-fuel combustion chamber design configuration do to control flame propagation? Would not a slower, more complete fuel burn have a limiting effect on timing and therefore max revs?

In other words, will it be necessary to throw out the whole multi-fuel design in order to make meaningful increases in power?

If so, I say why bother? Modern direct injection motors with variable geometry turbos make the kind of power that will cost you thousands to duplicate. Maybe it's fun to recreate what someone has already done, but I'm prone to spend as little as possible!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks