• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hour meter (Hobbs meter) problem

tagoins888

Morning guys.

I'd assume this has come up before but I searched last night and could not find a thread for it.
The hour meter in my '81 M923A1 quit working a couple weeks ago. The tach still works fine. I assumed there was a power wire going to the hour meter, but when I opened up the dash, all there is connected to it is the tach drive. No terminals for anything else. It must be an internal problem inside the tach itself.
Has anyone else run into this and if so, is it repairable, or does it need to be replaced?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you "need" the hour meter, then it'd need to be swapped or repaired. (Swapping would be cheaper) But if not, I'd just run it. Mileage, Hour, and fuel meters are known liars when it comes to MVs.

tagoins888

Thanks Patracy. No, I don't "need" it, but everything else is correct on the truck and I'd "like" it to be right. I just didn't know if it was a common (or less common) issue that was a do it yourself fix.
Thanks again,
Tom

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tach is what drives the hr. meter. You have to replace the whole tach if you want to replace the hr. meter.