• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Houston, TX tire shop??

treysoucie

im looking for a shop in houston that will work on my deuce. Im trying to get the 46" michelin tires mounted on my wheels but the best quote i found was 180 bucks a peice..

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try gene willimson tire. They are on canal street. They are a small shop. But they do large truck tires also. They have worked on my M35.

runk

let us know what they say, im about to do the same myself.
:ditto:

The ridiculous prices I got when I called around is why I did all 11 of mine (11x20's) myself, but I'd love to know a shop that would do it for a reasonable price. I have no desire to ever do it again !

Make sure you say "lock ring" not "split ring" when describing the wheels, no one will work on "split ring" wheels, they are too dangerous. The "lock ring" wheels the deuce uses are as safe as any big tire/wheel combo if you know what you are doing.

wehring

46" tires in Houston

Keep me in mind if anyone is in the market for 46" tires or custom wheels. I am 45 min South of Houston and they are in-stock.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

timm831

There's a shop that we've taken some of the vehicles from the museum to in the past south on McCarty. Everytime I've been there with a duece or whatever prices have been very reasonable.

Tim

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL i am the shop foreman and i have lots of guys who will wrench for beer " or a chance to drive green iron" .. There is a tire shop on Clinton dr outside 610 that will do split rins for cheep. Cana tire..
When I get wheels I'll be coming your way then. :driver:

kc5mzd

I had a tire shop in Houston fix a flat on an old 1969 dodge D50 I used to have. At first they quoted a crazy price but after talking to them they went down to $30.00. The difference was taking the truck to their shop and waiting around for someone to get to them instead of having a service truck come out and fix it on the road.

You might get a better price if you offer to leave it so someone can fix it when they are slow?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks