• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how bad is your yard?

dm22630

dm22630, any of your nieghboors have there house for sale

I need a nieghbor like you

Maybe we should start a retirement community for MV people with plenty of parking :-D

LOL.....nope! I like them all too & NONE of them complain about the trucks. They always bring their friends and family members over to look at them whenever they have company....its pretty funny. Only one of them will drive them around though....all the others are scared I guess.

I just like the fact that I have more trucks than the nearest national guard station. ;)

datsunaholic

I have 17 Datsuns, the Deuce, a '71 F250, 2 boats (a 14 ft dinghy and a 21ft jet boat), a utility trailer, and a 18' flatbed equipment trailer in my yard. Well, that's everything with wheels at least. I also have a hydroplane capsule (made from a F16 canopy) in the yard as "Yard Art".

And I'm not in the country. I'm in an urban street grid. On a 100X90 ft lot. That also has a house and detached garage.

My Neighbors LOVE me. Enough to have called Code Enforcement on me 3 times in the last 9 years. Funny how I've never been actually cited. Got close once from the Health Department... not for the cars, but for the pile of Concertina wire I had in the backyard. They wanted it up off the ground. It's CONCERTINA WIRE. It belongs on the ground! Well, I put it on a rotten wooden pallet and that satisfied the inspector.

LibertyDeuce

How Bad is My Yard

Well, its funny you should post this today. In todays mail I got two violation citations. One for having a "junkyard" in a residential area and Second having trash strewn about the property. Well went right over to the Code Enforcement officer and showed him the valid registrations on the trucks and trailers and had the violations dismissed immediately. Now I truly dislike my neighbors. Just wait for early Sunday mornings during the summer!!!! Wonder what they're going to say about a "C" Whistler turbo and a 6.2L Detroit diesel being started on a quiet Sunday morning!!!!
:rant:

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it helps a little to be zoned commercial and have a patient wife, and have one or two vehicles inside and out of sight.Let's see: we've got the wife's car, one kid's Lumina, the other's Monte Carlo, an IH 340 utility forklift tractor, one M1028a1, one M1008a1, one M1008, one 85 K20 plow truck, one 83 K30 dually work truck, one 72 K10 pickup and one 06 K3500 work truck. "Most" licensed and inspected., all move under their own power.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, like the idea of the retirement community....lol..Some folks here my half unit house/animal sits for when they travel, built a very large house, about 2.2 mil worth (for the dogs if you ask them why) and there is an apartment over the FOUR garages where they wanted my wife and I to move in when they get a little farther along and need more care.
I told Hannah that my wife could, but I'd have to stay home, she wouldn't want all that OD iron cluttering up the horse paddock and driveway. They like the old trucks when I bring them out, not real happy when my wife parks a l'leaker' on their paver parking areas though.
My yard, about as bad as anybodys. The 30 x 50 pole barn is FULL and still 4 trucks 2 trailers a 16 foot assault boat outside and my wrecker and a jeep elsewhere.

Blythewoodjoe

Now I truly dislike my neighbors. Just wait for early Sunday mornings during the summer!!!! Wonder what they're going to say about a "C" Whistler turbo and a 6.2L Detroit diesel being started on a quiet Sunday morning!!!!
I like the way you think. I liked to drive my loud deuce paste my transvestite neighbor when I had it. I think I will drive the new truck up and down the road a few times when I pick it up:twisted:

We have a 45 acre plot of land in the next county about one mile from my house. That's where I keep all the "junk". It's nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks