• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HOW CAN GL sa I have 10 days only open 3 days in the 10.

seabee mike

I was to get the3 MV today but the person i borrowed the trailer is in love with his trailer so much i canceled my trip last this AM because he wanted to make sure his trailer was still ok. It never left my yard! I am 1/2 mile from him!! It was snowing hard last night too in CO. or at lease the mountain pass. I am getting a m1009. I have a f150. My truck is at its max towing ability's with out the hills. Well my vent was the BS 10 days given. The place was open today and 3 days next week. I was notified yesterday about 1430hrs. the trip is a 400 miles one way trip. Anyway i will take more time off next week to go get it. I hope i can load it myself. I hope it runs. it said driven in to lot but???? how long ago.

paulfarber

Call them. Its 10 business days IIRC. If they only have 3 business days that week then you still should have another 7 left.

Don't take the GL haters to seriously on this board... most people have great things to say about GL working with them. Any business will have a certain % of unhappy people.. and SS lets those unhappy people seem like much more than they really are.

Call the lot, explain your situation. Guy that I am helping said the lot would allow something like 21 days to pick up.... call the lot, be nice, ask for their assistance.

jaxsof

To be totally fair, all the guys at the lots I have ever met were really easy-going, great guys. Be sincere, honest and fair with them, and I'm sure they will return it

poppop

I have never had a problem but communication is the key. Let them know you are having problems and I bet they will work with you. The only time I had a problem it was my fault. I had done a couple pick-ups at the same base and assumed they were there on certain days. I pulled my trailer three and a half hours to find out the GL guy was not there. The DRMO ladies let me check out my Duece but I went home without it. Had to make another trip but I made sure he would be there before I left.

seabee mike

OK thanks. I have not made a deal or said anything to the GL person I talked to . This was a e mail I got from them. The phone number i call is in AZ but the item is in CO. Is this odd or not?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call the lot in Colorado the number will be on your auction. Speak directly with them at the lot your picking up from.
Most GL issues aren't with pickup. Like said above, call the site not the main office. More than likely, THEY will do you right.2cents

67_C-30

I was to get the3 MV today but the person i borrowed the trailer is in love with his trailer so much i canceled my trip last this AM because he wanted to make sure his trailer was still ok. It never left my yard! I am 1/2 mile from him!! It was snowing hard last night too in CO. or at lease the mountain pass. I am getting a m1009. I have a f150. My truck is at its max towing ability's with out the hills. Well my vent was the BS 10 days given. The place was open today and 3 days next week. I was notified yesterday about 1430hrs. the trip is a 400 miles one way trip. Anyway i will take more time off next week to go get it. I hope i can load it myself. I hope it runs. it said driven in to lot but???? how long ago.

I don't know where you're getting it from, but at Warner Robins AFB where I got mine, they told me if I could not make within the 10 days, to let them know and they could give me a little more time. Our house burned after I won my M1009, so we were knee-deep in the rebuilding phase when my EUC cleared, and I had to push my recovery date back a few days past the 10 limit.

On loading, I'd highly recommend taking a buddy/sibling/relative if you can, just in case. I would also highly recommend buying you a key on ebay or from someone here, just in case. Not a single one at WR had any keys when I picked mine up. I envision a huge, top secret, highly secured Government building full of CUCV keys, because they almost never have them in the truck!;)

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have picked up two MVs that I had no idea if they would run or not, but suspected they would since they were driven onto the lot. To cover my bases, I asked the GL reps at the two sites for a recommendation on a wrecker service. I called and worked out an arrangement with the wrecker service that if the truck wouldn't run, they would tow it for me to their secure lot where I could work on it or get help working on it. I was lucky and didn't need to use the service for either recovery. One wrecker service at Fort Indiantown Gap, PA told me they would tow my deuce to their lot for $75.00 and they would let me store it free there for 10 days. The second was at Sparta, WI. There the wrecker service wanted $85.00 to come to the lot and help me and another $50.00 to tow it to town and store it free for a few days. Fortunately, both deuces checked out and I drove them home.

It's like insurance and it doesn't cost anything if you don't need help. If you do, it eliminates any issues with pickup deadlines with GL.

seabee mike

Call the lot in Colorado the number will be on your auction.

Speak directly with them at the lot your picking up from.

The number listed for the site is AZ.

I do have a key off e bay. New Batteries, diesel fuel, tools and a small winch.
Do they let you drive them off the base or does it have to be towed off?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The number listed for the site is AZ.

I do have a key off e bay. New Batteries, diesel fuel, tools and a small winch.
Do they let you drive them off the base or does it have to be towed off?
It depends on the site as to whether you can drive it off or not, but in my case both sites allowed drive-offs of trucks.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unmanned sites refer you to the AZ number. Call them or the other CO sites and ask who manages that site, then call them.

LanceRobson

There are a number of threads on the site about what to bring with you. One thing you should have is two charged batteries. If the front battery is dead and won't take a charge you'll never get it started, even with a slave cable. Having the batteries can be the difference between driving and towing it.

Lance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All your questions can be answered correctly, by calling the number listed for the lot where the truck is. GL is headquartered in AZ, most GL representatives will have a cell phone with an AZ number.

I would not go without making an appointment to pick up.

dependable

Since you have a key and can unlock steering, a simple trailer recovery method: Bring enough (at least a 20 feet more than the length of trailer) strong tow rope or chain (I use 3/8 chain). unhook tow vehicle , block trailer tires, pull truck on to trailer. This is easyer with a helper , but have done it solo.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You might check and see if there is a fellow SS member near the base that can pick up and hold for you.

All you have to do is fax a signed pick up authorization and paid receipt to the GL rep at the site and someone can get it for you.

seabee mike

Well I made an Appt with them. The person said he is willing to help load if needed. Do i get a sf97 with the blazer? or do I have to order one?

rocks512

If it is at Fort Carson then you are in good hands, they are very nice there and will help you. I live about 20 minutes away and depending when your appointment is to pick it up, I may be able to help you load. I was just down there yesterday picking some stuff up, took me a half hour just to get on base because they were searching every car. Make sure you got your drivers license, proof of insurance and registration for your truck and trailer.

You have to apply for the SF97 on GL's website.

Fort Carson allows you to drive it off the lot.