• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How crazy am I? Pulling an M105

saddamsnightmare

August 28th, 2012.

You gents are very brave, and very, very foolish to try to pull one, much less two stacked M105's with the tow vehicle(s) listed above and by the OP! Without air, you will not have control over the trailer brakes, and without thr proportioning done by the deuce master cylinder, someone is sooner or later going to die and get the rest of us in deep s--t!
I have moved the M105A2 with a Unimog, which is a much heaver truck then anything you are proposing to use, and without air, the control on the trailer was minimal, and the Unimog really did not like pulling it on very short distance local moves...(2-6 miles total). Given that the S404 has a 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 ton capacity and much heavier suspension then your tow vehicles, all I can see is an accident waiting to happen.....

Just my2cents worth. Good luck and banzai!:sad: And with a Ridgeline...Double Banzai! Those aren't even trucks in reality! I may be a naysayer, but just wait until a carload of civillians gets killed by one of these hairbrained stunts, then you will see the military surplus vehicles all go away, permanently!

Last edited:

Fresno

August 28th, 2012.

You gents are very brave, and very, very foolish to try to pull one, much less two stacked M105's with the tow vehicle(s) listed above and by the OP! Without air, you will not have control over the trailer brakes, and without thr proportioning done by the deuce master cylinder, someone is sooner or later going to die and get the rest of us in deep s--t!
I have moved the M105A2 with a Unimog, which is a much heaver truck then anything you are proposing to use, and without air, the control on the trailer was minimal, and the Unimog really did not like pulling it on very short distance local moves...(2-6 miles total). Given that the S404 has a 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 ton capacity and much heavier suspension then your tow vehicles, all I can see is an accident waiting to happen.....

Just my2cents worth. Good luck and banzai!:sad: And with a Ridgeline...Double Banzai! Those aren't even trucks in reality! I may be a naysayer, but just wait until a carload of civillians gets killed by one of these hairbrained stunts, then you will see the military surplus vehicles all go away, permanently!
+1. Anyone who does that is a fool. You could of killed your father and anyone else who got in your way. Because you were to cheap to use your Dad's truck and rent a trailer? How much did it cost to replace your shocks and springs?

Next time, do it right.

maplehillfrm

wow,, with the back end of that so high,, it would only take one person on a phone or panic stop and the operator would be in trouble,, I use the word operator very loosely,,thats
crazy

MarcusOReallyus

I have to disagree with you, maplehillfrm.

That's not crazy.

That's stupid.

By the way, folks, this is a zombie thread. The original post is 4 years ago. I think he's got his trailers handled by now, one way or another.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks