• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How deep can a LMTV go...

dsanderlmtv

I was on my boat this weekend and to my surprise I witnessed a LMTV that had gone a little to far into the water. The guy driving was trying to get across to a beach on a road that had been covered by the rising water from the snow melt this year.
IMG_0008.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0009.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait till Fish and Wildlife sees an oil sheen around it. Party over. What a ignorant thing to do to a $10,000 truck.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I always thought if the engine was running the exhaust could submerge and be ok. And the intake stack is pretty high. A Diesel engine should run on under water. Wonder if the airbox was not sealed well.

Shark Bait

I always thought if the engine was running the exhaust could submerge and be ok. And the intake stack is pretty high. A Diesel engine should run on under water. Wonder if the airbox was not sealed well.
Maybe they got off the covered road and got stuck then had the brighter idea to shut it off? It shoulda kept running.

Dave

dsanderlmtv

I believe the truck was fine after he got pulled out. The problem was he drove off the edge of the road that is now covered with water and he couldn't get it out so he went and got help to winch him out.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No matter what he did to the engine whoever buys it is going to be chasing electrical gremlins for eternity.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
What's a little fresh water in your day. Nothing a good rinsing and some new relays and maybe a trans ecu. Salt water now that's another thing. The 5 ton is gonna need more help though. Bet it sucked in water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks