• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I find generator thread posts by number and topic

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
It seems like the search function on this forum is somewhat “clumsy.” I’ve tried to use it several times with very limited success. Such as in your case, I would try “MEP701A”, “MEP-701A”, “mep701a” in the search field and all would give me slightly different results. But, hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in here and we’ll all learn something!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How do I find generator posts for MEP701A by number and subject I remember seeing a list like that a few years ago
The search engine here is "lacking" in most folks opinion.
Using a commercial search engine sometimes does a better job.

EXAMPLE: (plug this into your favorite search engine)
site:www.steelsoldiers.com " MEP701A"

Tells the search engine (DuckDuckGo, Google, Yahoo, etc) to search site steelcoldiers.com for anything indexed with MEP701A. Even that isn't perfect, but it does better than the native search here...

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!

Tells the search engine (DuckDuckGo, Google, Yahoo, etc) to search site steelcoldiers.com for anything indexed with MEP701A. Even that isn't perfect, but it does better than the native search here...
Great suggestion. I'm going to try that too!

qe2

Has been asked to change his location several times since the year begin. Still has not complied.
It seems like the search function on this forum is somewhat “clumsy.” I’ve tried to use it several times with very limited success. Such as in your case, I would try “MEP701A”, “MEP-701A”, “mep701a” in the search field and all would give me slightly different results. But, hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in here and we’ll all learn something!
Thank you for your suggestions

thank you very much

qe2

Thank you for your help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks