• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I ID the year model of my deuce?

NMCShooter

I just got an A2 and the serial number is in a different format than most I've seen looking for info in other threads. "14716" is stamped on the drivers side outside frame under the IP and in the cab on a data plate.....no manufacturer or year. How do I find out what year model it is to get it tagged?

Thanks, Bo

phil2968

Check out the 2011 Vin info thread and follow directions in post 1. He will tell you all you need to know he's Carnac the great!
Show up at the Ga rally!!!!!!!!!!! Carnac will be there also!

NMCShooter

Thanks Phil, Will Do.....And I'll be at the rally Wed. to Sun. :beer: See ya there.....I'll be in the Deuce with OPFOR Camo.

319, the only numbers on the data plate are the NSN and the S/N and I figgered everyone already knew the NSN......the MFD BY and CONTRACT # spaces are blank.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of mine was done like that.
The tag on dash was a replacement
there will be 4 digits to the left of it on the frame i.e. 0225, or 0325 etc

there is usually a # & date on the frame rearward of the shock mounts.
That date I believe is the heat treat date of the frame.

Last edited:

NMCShooter

Thanks for all the info, amigos. I posted what I have in Carnac's thread. The only #s on the frame is the 5 digit one that matches the data plate. Under the data plates on the engine is a date on the casting that ends in 67 so that's what I told the insurance co......I defy them to tell me different. It's now a 67 deuce regardless of when it was actually made ;)

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, we're looking for a registration number (combination of letters and digits), something stenciled ion the inside of the doors, dash, and/or stamped on the data plate (possibly part of the serial number), maybe ending in 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, or 72. The last two digits of the registration number is the year you are looking for.
However, if it's an Air Force M35A2, the registration number will be in a different format such as 70K XXXXX, where "70" (or whatever) would be the year.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks