• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I know If my M35A2 is still a multifuel?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usually if the FDC is bypassed, there will be stickers stating such on the oil filter housings, bypass lines visable. and "Diesel Fuel Only " stenciled on the fuel tank. I bet there is a pic on here somewhere showing what it looks like.

APM215

My fuel tank has no "diesel fuel only" stencil on it and nothing under the hood has a sticker on it. On the dash there is a placard that tells what fuels you can run but I want to be sure.

greenjeepster

The FDC doesn't matter. It will run on other fuels anyway... most any diesel (that is lacking all the computer garb) will run on motor oil etc.... That is why a diesel will "run away"... it sumps oil out of the oil pan and that keeps it from being shut off...

If your FDC is bypassed you will not run on gasoline real well, bet even with it it doesn't so....

Reactions: emr

kc5mzd

Once a multifuel always a multifuel. All the FDC does is help the engine give consistent performance when different fuels are used based on their density. The stuff that makes a multifuel able to burn different fuels aren’t taken out or bypassed. The only real difference is that when the FDC is bypassed you will notice that different fuels will have an affect on how much power the engine has. Multifuels have stronger injector pumps, special injectors that don't clog very easily and special pistons that control the burn rate of the fuel. None of these are changed or bypassed.

You should be fine as long as it is not painted yellow...

Reactions: emr

robr

all the ones that I have seen bypassed there is no way you could miss it they mark it all over the place
but like kc5mzd said it really doesn't matter if it was

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just look on the data tag on the side of the block. If it says "multifuel" you're good to go. :grin:

All joking aside, even if the FDC is bypassed you can still run other fuels. There are many members on here with bypassed FDC that run alot of different fuels and some say the FDC does more harm than good with certain fuels.

mightymanx

Not to hijack but along the same lines, is there a place to get NOS or rebuilt FDC's mine has been bypassed for years and I am leery of unbypassing and "letting er rip" with out some testing or putting a new/rebuilt one on?

emr

It means nothing, for any fuels U will use, It is in the design of the engine, period. I have good injection pumps for 275 plus shipping, ...not bypassed,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks