• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I operate the water pumps and foam system on my new deuce?

scootertrs

I have been doing basic maintenance and fixing my flashing red light and siren on my new toy. Mechanically, she is sweet with only issue I have being that it will not shift into low (transfer case) because the lever hits the floor before full engagement occurrs. I have been reading several forum posts about that issue and I believe that more than likely it is a misadjustment of the lever. The issue I want to address here is my water-fire fighting/foam system. I am a firm believer in whatever I have has to work... anyway, I have heard that some places have foam parties... :razz: and I guess this would be perfect for participation... if I can get the foam system to work. Any input from other members with similar fire trucks would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for a most informative site.

Miami, FL

michaeljj

Re

look at the data plates for the manual tips, or ask your manufacturer to provide the facility of implementation and usage.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
almost three and a half years from question post to answer post, that has got to be a record.

scootertrs

almost three and a half years from question post to answer post, that has got to be a record.
And your point is? michaeljj was trying to be helpful. Me? I was just replying in kind thanking him for the advise and showing off what was done. anyway, records were meant to be broken!:grin:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they are. Cool looking video. That would come in handy at the Haspin Rally in June. It would keep people from getting their trucks stuck in the river playing in the water.

No wait, it wouldn't help.

;-)

scootertrs

Yes, they are. Cool looking video. That would come in handy at the Haspin Rally in June. It would keep people from getting their trucks stuck in the river playing in the water.

No wait, it wouldn't help.

;-)
But we could help hose them off... but... That is one .... LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG... drive in a deuce fire truck... Just did 200 miles... Wow... I have ... what? Was that you ma?... can't hear a thing... sorry... digressed a bit... my hearing is not the same since that ride.:???:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I do more than pull it out of the barn I wear hearing protection especially if I'm running the C turbo.

scootertrs

If I do more than pull it out of the barn I wear hearing protection especially if I'm running the C turbo.
I used to think that was for sissies... I know better now!

Thanks for the tip. I will stash a few disposable ear plugs in the glove box. Here in Florida the boys in blue don't like drivers wearing ear muffs... Be safe

steelandcanvas

I used to think that was for sissies... I know better now!

Thanks for the tip. I will stash a few disposable ear plugs in the glove box. Here in Florida the boys in blue don't like drivers wearing ear muffs... Be safe
If it comes to what the " boys in blue" want and my hearing, my hearing will win out every time. They can go pester someone texting while driving.

scootertrs

If it comes to what the " boys in blue" want and my hearing, my hearing will win out every time. They can go pester someone texting while driving.
I agree, but good ear plugs work for my 308 and pretty much anything else except the 50, so they should work for a deuce. either way, we attract enough attention with our toys, why add to their arsenal. Roadsides are never a good place for a enlightening exchange with a boy in blue. Conversation is usually one sided. Be safe.

saddamsnightmare

October 9th, 2012.

Scootertrs:

I concur with steel and canvas up above, the cops can take a hike as I doubt there are very many civillian trucks with "High intensity Noise-Hearing Protection Required" stickers on their dashboards, and the foam plugs are only partial protection. I used to wear the muffs they use around running jet engines, and even then the hearing's not what it used to be. I believe that you would win the case against any ticket they might give you if you ask the judge to permit a decible meter recording of the cab noise at road speed....The only thing comparable were the older road diesel locomotives from the 1950's at full throttle, and they had very little deafening applied...:-?

michaeljj

I usually concur with steel and canvas up above, the cops can take a hike as I doubt there are very many civillian trucks with "High intensity Noise-Hearing Protection Required" stickers on their dashboards, and the foam plugs are only partial protection