• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I post a classified add?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAP

I have 2 military tires from an M100 1/4 ton trailer I want to sell. I can't find anything on the Classified Add section that allows me to post an add for these tires. How do I do this? I am stumped

DAP

Interesting since I have posted two adds in the past and one of them is still current. Does this mean I can't post a Classified add now? I guess I missed the rule change.

DAP

I wonder why the rule change? I mean I could clutter up the board with another 70 posts about basically nothing. No it isn't worth it. I will post the tires for sale over on the G503 forum then.

There was a whole thread on why the rules changed, I understand that if you are not online often you would not have seen this. I wish I could remember the name of it so I could post the link to you. In a nutshell scammers were creating accounts and posting classified ads as soon as they signed up. The 100 post rule was put in place to try and prevent this from happening.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a search for"classified rule".

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There has been a thread a day since the rule change , about why the rule was changed its well covered . A search why can't i post inthe classifieds should bring up a week or two's worth of reading .

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
vBulletin has an option to make announcements. It plasters every page at the top with a link to the announcement. Wouldn't be a bad idea to put one out. (Course that means people would actually have to click on the link to read it LOL)

3dAngus

Yes, you are better off working with another site and post your ad there, then clutter this one up with worthless posts. We've seen some of that, but lost others to other sites where they post their goodies. It's a shame. I really like to see MORE goods sold here, than less, which help keep the prices competitive and much more available to members. Some member are missing out on some great deals. Sorry.

natem

I wonder why the rule change? I mean I could clutter up the board with another 70 posts about basically nothing. No it isn't worth it. I will post the tires for sale over on the G503 forum then.
That's what I have been doing. (posting ads on other sites)

Nate

mangus580

Honestly, I have heard enough complaining about this. Maybe I should just REMOVE the FREE classified ads?

It was done for a reason. Enough said.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Guess you changed your mind? Looks like you've made about 65 or more posts today.

Hope you have something good to sell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks