• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I separate two piece wheels

tukool

I've been lurking here off and on here for a couple of years. Now I have a question.
I tried to find the answer in the forums lately, but finally gave up.
I have a leaking tire on my M35A3. It seems to be coming from between the two pieces of the Hemtt wheel.
I have all of the nuts off the wheel but unable to split the halves. I don't see any place to get a grip
or use a tool to get them apart. Any helpful replies would be appreciated.
Gary

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So its an A3 but has hemtt rims(not A3 rims?)? Got any pics?

Once the tire is aired down, unbolt the nuts that hold the halfs together and use a beadbreaker to break the bead. lift off rim half, flip over, rinse-repeat.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I use 3m super 77 spray when i have to reuse old orings. Easy clean up and they seal great

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

winfred

rubbed all of mine with silicone grease when i assembled then the first time with the used o-rings (i think 4 of my rims the first truck they were mounted on is mine but started off as typical surplussed assemblies), 5 outta 6 sealed and haven't needed any air in over a year where the 6th held air a couple months all chained together and padlocked to my bobcat while waiting for me to service the bearings and seals/install wheels, i knocked em all once a week or so and they thumped the same right up till it was time to install em then one plopped, the ring was a little damaged so it may've gotten roughed up on the tire install and i missed it not laying in the channel perfectly

I use 3m super 77 spray when i have to reuse old orings. Easy clean up and they seal great

tukool

I hammered the crowbar in and the ring popped off first try. There was a beadlock in there. I wasn't sure what a beadlock was until yesterday.
The wheels are in good shape, but the O-ring had a little kink in it. I'm putting it all back together with a little silicon sealant on a new O-ring and the tire bead.
Hope that works, Thanks for your help.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
As far as busting the bead on the beadlock ring if its stubborn you can leave 4 or 5 of the nuts on the studs and back em off about half way. With the valve core out and a good compressor shoot air into the tire itll pop it loose most of the the time.

I do this on alum wheels with runflats and the ring comes off by hand

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, but thanks!
Just curios, all my old jedi bead breaking tricks wouldn’t compress the bead locks to pop the bead like a conventional tire/wheel. Ended up using my lift to pull the halves out, while using the forklift and truck as an ancor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks