• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you clean the inside your GenSets? MEP-803A

myridge

I haven't owned this MEP-803A for very long yet and it's still got quite a bit of dust and dirt from the Gravel lot it sat on base in before I got it at auction. Now it's got a seeping radiator hose so it's made a bigger mess inside the cabinet.

How do you clean this sort of equipment? Wipe it all down, Spray it down? Compressed air? How do you keep them tidy and neat inside?

IMG_5652.jpgIMG_5651.jpgIMG_5635.jpgFile_000(3).jpgFile_002(2) (1).jpgFile_001.jpgIMG_5651.jpgIMG_5635.jpg

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

Last time i had a fuel problem on one i sprayed it with degreaser and used a pressure washer. This was all lower half of the engine and down.
As for how dirty your electronics area is i wouldnt mess with cleaning it much past compressed air. Its not that dirty and you take a large risk wey cleaning that area.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive got an 802 that some pig must have maintained (up and above a leaky fuel issue). Whole side is coated in oil (filter side). Will probably have to wait till the spring to clean it up, but I was thinking about maybe just coating in mineral spirits, letting soak, and rubbing it all down to see how much I could take off.

Guyfang

Staff member
The army is a big supporter of Simple Green. It works well on the engine, and inside of the engine compartment. I also used to remove all the doors and tops, along with the control cube side panels. That can all be done away from the set, so you cut down on the water in the electrical parts. If you pressure wash, take care with the sound absorbing material. It can tear, if you get tooooooooo aggressive.

Haoleb

When I first got mine it was coated in dust and dirt mostly. I took it all apart and cleaned everything I could reach with hot water and dawn soap (or maybe it was simple green?) and a microfiber rag. Took a while but eventually I got it pretty clean. Then I repainted the engine with stove paint which also shined it right up dramatically.

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks