• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you clean your CUCV?

K9Vic

My shop teacher in high school told me a pickup is not a pickup unless you can clean the inside out with a garden hose.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We prefer you post pictures, not links.

erniemigi

I dare you to go through the automatic car wash. :p
Did that 1 time and only 1 time, that sucker jump right off the track and it shut down the whole place till i could get it back on the track and boy the rollers that push it along were having a **** of a time, at least i got it washed and they refunded my money, all in all that wasn't a bad day

CycleJay

My method for now, at least on the outside: Rain... It is free, and plenty of it...
The inside, damp clean hand towels. And my own two hands to pick up trash.

sierrajcharlie

I've had mine for over a year and only washed it once. But that was doing the underneath after a really successful day of mudding. The pictures shown seem to indicate that the owner of this vehicle was the designated driver for a bunch of buddies the night before. :)

I made the mistake of not tighting the plate down around the steering column down at your feet and i went and played in the mud the nite before.Suffice to say alot of mud was in the cab with me in the floor boards so i took a couple of trash bags and wrapped everything up in the cab and sprayed the inside out at the car wash and $50 dollars later i could actually see my truck.As i was doing this a bunch of guys and a few girls were lookin at me funny as i was spraying the inside of my m1008 out. Talk about a chuckle they looked at me like i was crazy.:beer:

erniemigi

I made the mistake of not tighting the plate down around the steering column down at your feet and i went and played in the mud the nite before.Suffice to say alot of mud was in the cab with me in the floor boards so i took a couple of trash bags and wrapped everything up in the cab and sprayed the inside out at the car wash and $50 dollars later i could actually see my truck.As i was doing this a bunch of guys and a few girls were lookin at me funny as i was spraying the inside of my m1008 out. Talk about a chuckle they looked at me like i was crazy.:beer:
they might laugh and think that we are crazy when we do this but you know deep down inside, they wish they can do the same thing with their vehicle, yeah my neighbors laughed when they saw me using the pressure washer in mine after the Summer Haspin Rally, after using the pressure washer, i then used the shop vac to get any of the left over water puddles, then after that i used the leaf blower to help dry and push out any left over water, and yes i did cover up things with wal-mart grocery bags