• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you guys charge your batteries?

PowerstrokeNC

So it seems my best option is 2 cheap tenders for the duece and 4 for the 5 ton. Sears has them for about 30 bucks... Not bad.
Compared to a 24 v 2 bank at about 120 bucks I would be saving quite a bit...

PowerstrokeNC

So it seems my best option is 2 cheap tenders for the duece and 4 for the 5 ton. Sears has them for about 30 bucks... Not bad.
Compared to a 24 v 2 bank at about 120 bucks I would be saving quite a bit...

Hyenine

I use a battery jumper cable to link each battery in parallel, then charge like you would any other 12v battery. To date, I have had great success with this method.

Rustygears

Uh, I hope you mean that you first disconnect the mil cables and THEN use a jumper cable to tie in parallel. Otherwise the jumper cable directly shorts out at least one battery and make a great arc welding demonstration and maybe also a hydrogen explosion demo as well.

markehle

Yes, but they wouldn't equalize the charge as a 24v would. For the price of two twelve volt units, you should be able to
find something.

BatteryMINDer Battery Charger / Maintainer / Conditioner — 24 Volt 1/2/4 Amp, Model# 24041 | Battery Maintainers | Northern Tool + Equipment
I use these and have had great success with them, however I have learned that they don't really have "Weatherproof construction" as their ads will say. Mount them somewhere that will stay dry and they work great. Let them get even a little wet and all the magic smoke comes out of them.