• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you lower the wheel on a M103 old style single wheel trailer?

trider

I got my deuce and trailer home today and was unloading all the goodies from the trailer. Now I have the trailer empty and can not for the life of my figure out of the get the large old style single wheel down. I have the lines unhooked and know how to open the pintle but have been outside for over an hour trying to unhook this trailer. I have tried the search function and looked through the TM for the trailer. All I can find in the TM is:
"If cargo trailer is equipped with an old-style, single-wheel castor assembly,
USe extreme caution to ensure that locking pin of handle has securely locked the
adjustable caster assembly in the lowered position. If locking pin is not fully
locked, adjustable caster assembly may collapse, resulting in serious injury."

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be a handle on the back end of the wheel caster assembly. looks like a bent "U". Grab it and yank outward on it, should unlock the wheel assembly, it will swing down, and if completely folded down, the "handle" will clink back into place to securely hold the landing wheel in the down position. The handle might be stuck from rust and age, you can use a wrecking bar or a metal rod to add leverage.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW - the main difference between the old single-wheel landing device, and the newer dual-wheel, is that the newer one is adjustable for height. The old one is one-height-fits-all, and if you're unhooking the trailer on unlevel ground, you may have to have a friend or two help lift the lunette off the pintle hitch. Just an FYI.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks