• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you prefer your deuce?

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had the money I would have every option. I full dressed deuce with a gun ring and gun look impressive.

Side note what are you painting your bed with?
Ditto, and I will take a pre 1986 (class III) M2 setting in my gun ring.

barrygar8

my truck is a multy tasker it carries the guns still has troop seats and the bows and cover will still go over the mounts in in the bed if you turn them out to the side.

two.fiveM35

In the hot summer month I like the canvas off, for homecoming and forth of July parades. And in the winter with the canvas on. I think it look bigger with it on.
Mikey I would flip the top two rail around so the smooth side is facing out. I will look more uniform when the troop seat are up.

mikey

If I had the money I would have every opition. I full dressed deuce with a gun ring and gun look impressive.

Side note what are you painting your bed with?
I am going with the Behr premium on the bed over the rustoleum rusty metal primer. I have not yet decided on the gillespie or the behr for the rest of the truck. I'll see how the bed comes out first.

Here is Mike/wsucougarsx formula for 383 CARC

Home Depot - Base = Behr Premium Plus Exterior Flat, Matte Deep Base #4300

Colorant............. OZ... 384th
AX-Perm Yellow... 2....... 68
D-Thalo Green..... 1...... 16
KX-White............. 0...... 112
L-Raw Umber...... 8....... 80

Last edited:

mikey

You use the Deuce as a "love shack"? :shock: :oops:
Doesn't everybody??? ****, now you're making me feel like a perv. Wife and I recently did some camping and slept in the back with an air mattress. Hey, the more she loves the deuce, the better my chances of bringing home an m109.

In the hot summer month I like the canvas off, for homecoming and forth of July parades. And in the winter with the canvas on. I think it look bigger with it on.
Mikey I would flip the top two rail around so the smooth side is facing out. I will look more uniform when the troop seat are up.
It definitely looks bigger with the cover on. I think I'm sold on a naked deuce as my primary and full dress for my second deuce. I drove the primary around naked Sunday and it was a world of difference in regards to parking and driving visibility. I like your idea of swapping the top rails around for aesthetics, but I actually prefer function over appearance. We went to a fireman's fair this weekend and it was nice to watch the fireworks from the troop seats in the the deuce.

I have already primed and painted that ugly headache rack and primed the troop seat metal. They look bad in that picture. I also had the cover on backwards as that was my first ever install attempt.

deuceaid

Banned
I like the troop seats and bows............ I like having the top on because its is hard to move around with just one person... I dont like how hot it is under the top, and I have to agree with my troop passengers, the view sucks with the top on,,, even with the sides rolled up.......I had the top off for 1 year.... now its back on---and gonna stay on....

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have the regulation sides & tarp - would seldom have use for it. They would be in the way. I have on board, about 9,000# of mortor sand, from Anchorage. It was loaded with a loader, of course. Made the trip (about 750 miles), last early May. Nice run, but my legs sure get cramped!

Attachments

AGE|kshaufl

AGE, lets see the spare tire holder on that 105, I like it. Did u make it?
I will post some pictures in the trailers section. I received the trailer this way. New lights, wiring harness, brakes, and air lines. I think it was a field mod from the 101st ABN.

BTW I think all of the Deuces need the little kid in the back (M105A2).

NickAir

It Depends on the mission:

Naked, Hydro bed lift/dump, usable utility for material and debris.
OR,
Sides rolled up, loaded with goats for market.
OR,
Top on with end panels for camping.

I too need three.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks