• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you remove rear leaf spring?

rustystud

A lot of people say re-using u-bolts isn't a good idea. I'd re-use the rest of it.
There are plenty of Military Surplus sites that sell the 'U'-bolts for very reasonable prices. I have some for when I pull the springs down. I also plan on cleaning up the housing and "fixing" the drain holes. I will be painting it with a good two-part Epoxy paint when I do.

ajbird

I'm trying to remove the u bolts on the rear of a m35 to fix a broken spring ...I cut the u bolt crown (s) off leaving me just a straight shot from the top to the bottom but I can get the rods out....tryed putting a jack under the bolt lifting the truck up and wacking the top ...won't move ..soaked the bolts for days....even out the nut back on the bottom and tightened it to draw it the...won't move ...any ideas guys ?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just cut one side of the bolt so that it gives the pressure relief from being forced down into the holes. cut it straight on one side then in the middle of the U on top .