• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you remove the back cushion on the passenger side??

sgtrisk

Before I break out the chain saw, how do you get the back cushion off the back plate on the passenger side bench in a deuce?? It looks like it should either slide up off a keyhole, or snap into something welded on the back plate. But I'm sure not seeing it. And I'd rather get it off in one piece.

Not sure a pic or two would make a difference, but here you are.

IMG_5500.jpgIMG_5502.jpgIMG_5503.jpgIMG_5504.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pry it out with a screwdriver or prybar. Little dimples in that frame retain a steel rod in the cushion back.

sgtrisk

Well, THAT was easy!!

If I hadn't asked, I'd have probably done something stupid and destroyed the whole thing.

Now... just waiting on new canvas to arrive so my wife can sew new cushion covers.

Thanks for the quick reply!!!!

leroygreen

While your at it, you can put some foam in the seat. Your wife will appreciate it.
I had the foamfactory.com cut me a piece to size. My wife enjoyed the ride much more.

sgtrisk

Good plan. It's got pretty good foam now, but another layer would be good.

But then, my wife is supportive of this little hobby, but not very excited about it!

Diecorpse

Take her for a ride when the seats are done, then maybe she might let you sleep on the couch!! Lol. I'm sure she will appreciate a more comfortable ride, especially if your doing some off roading. My woman complain about the bench seat, but she was happy as all get out when she drove, then I was complaining about my butt hurtin!! Lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks