• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you replace the boots on the electrical connections?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
CC is fine with me.. more than a handful seems to be a waste😂

And not to hijack this, but since we are talking about CC and DD and male and female plugs...... are there any women on this forum ?? I truly just wonder .... Is it 100% male ape ???
Yes, we definitely have several young ladies on these forums.
This site is also "robot checked" regularly, so what you say here is not especially viewed by members only.

Thing to do is read the rules for this site.

We definitely will push the boundaries sometimes, but the real answer to the question is
would your mom or grandma want to hear you say (insert whatever edgy content)

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the information. I was able to replace the boots on the 6 headlight connectors today while preserving the existing wiring and connector ends which were just fine.

Of the 6 I swapped, one will completely full of debris inside, so I'm glad I did this. Next step would have been water and corrosion, which is a heck of a lot harder to fix than a few boots.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, https://amerline.com/products/ordnance-connectors/ms-single-wire/ that helps me understand a lot more. It's funny, I'd say the male/female are 'backwards' from every other wiring I've ever done. But hey, if the 'innie' is the male plug, so be it. :)

Does anyone happen to know if the wire gauge on the female connectors to the front markers, headlights and turn signals are all the same, or do I need to buy a connectors of different sizes to fix this stuff?
Only the military could refer to the sex of the boot, EVERYONE else in the world refer to the sex of the contacts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks