• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does stuff get declared scrap?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does / who makes the decision on what lots wind up going out as scrap?

Without going into specifics, if there's an auction listing some scrap that has things in it that are normally sold as non-scrap, how'd they windup in a scrap lot? GL didn't want to deal with it? DRMO made a call? Bad luck?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some DRMO locations primarily do scrap because of the DLA rules and regulations. So almost everything coming out of them goes in scrap piles, much of it on longer term contracts. And it varies - I've seen stuff in scrap at one location that was put on warehouse shelves at another! I know some GL reps that would dearly love to have some of the 'scrap' to sell as individual lots.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet GL or GP would love to sell some of the stuff listed as scrap. There is a current scrap auction somewhere with a 1973 CJS jeep, several M1101 trailers, and a couple mobile elec shelters. I've seen large 30 yd rolloff dumpsters loaded to overflowing with tents and shelters headed to the landfill rather than being sold at Ft Polk. I'd love to dumpster dive when I visit these locations, but I'd end up in the brig for sure.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Matter? You have to prove it was done before you get the stuff....

So, those nice items are only worth their weight in metal....
I meant in the decision process, as in if it says must mutilate, DRMO made the call. etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks