• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does the glove box stay closed?

Milsurp

I bought four Dzuz clips thinking they were used on the hinge of the glove box to help "spring" the door closed. Now I find out they are used on the dash for the instrument cluster. :(

So, how in the world do you keep the glove box door from falling open?

Thanks!

Longhunter7

GLOVE BOX DOOR?

Milsurp,

There is a bracket that is attached to the dash, that has a spring clip in it!

The knob on the door has a stud on it that is held closed by the tension of the spring clip on the bracket! :arrow:

P.S. When I got my M37-B1, the door was so tight that I had to grease the stud, :) so that I could get it open!

Milsurp

Okay great. But now the $64,000 question.... What part am I missing??? My truck has the bracket on the dash where the backside of the glove box knob hits when it is in the closed position. The only thing hitting the little bracket is the head of the screw that is holding the knob onto the door. aua

CGarbee

The bracket has a square hole in it that the pin (mentioned in a post above) fits when the door is closed. What is missing is the little spring clip that goes into the square hole in the bracket that actually makes contact with the pin in the door assembly...
I liberated one from a parts truck in order to fix mine, so I don't know what the stock number is...

Maybee if you told a dealer like Sid Beck, ABLinn, Fred Potter, George Mannarrie (sp?), or John Bizal, that you needed the spring clip that holds the glovebox door shut they could get you the right part???

Good luck

Longhunter7

STUD!

Milsurp,

It sounds like you are missing the STUD that pushes into the spring clip!

If someone just attached the knob to the glove box door with a screw, then it won't be long enough to push into the spring clip!

Do you have the STUD that sticks out about 1/2 an inch on the back side of the knob? That is what holds the door closed!

mangus580

Ok, let me pipe up by saying that the icon I used was one that I found elswhere, that is meant to basically say.... show some pics :)

I did not by any means intend for it to come accross that it was worthless without them, was just trying to imply it would help.

Longhunter7

Pictures?

mangus580,

I guess I will have to get into the 21st century and get a digital camera!

It's a pain trying to explain something that would be easy with one picture! :arrow:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks