• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how does the m1009 run on waste motor oil

jeeplvr247

Some people run a wmo/diesel blend without a problem but I have always figured that they didn't write "diesel fuel only" on the dash out of boredom so I pony up the extra dough and buy the diesel. Just my two cents worth

jdeoliveira74

I have been doing a ton of research on this. From what I have found the IP pump needs the lubricity that the new diesel fuel doesnt give it. As long as you heat it to the correct temp 170 degrees at the injectors you should be good to go. I hear it runs quieter and smoother! I hear atf smokes like a bi*&h

Reverend Evil

I add atf to my fuel about a quart to every 5 gallons . but i also have a good supply of used atf. it helps a little and it has been discused on here in other threads about mixing your fuels. you need a blenders liscens to do this (i dont have one just running on luck) at least thats what i have been told. but the 6.2 injection pump wont like wmo or wvo .it is to thick on its own.

chevyCUCV

In response to the original question.

Diesel and oil are close to eachother. Oil has more btu's.
Dump in in your tank.
Start your vehicle
The end

pgwaldner

I run it mixed with diesel. Helps lube the system not that ULS diesel is all that is available. It does run stronger with the WMO but you can smell the difference when behind it. Just make sure it has NO water in it. Technically taxes have already been paid on the oil when it was bought, I am using it as an additive just like any other fuel additive (ie: wynn's, stp, octane boost, cetalyne boost, etc.)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run it mixed with diesel. Helps lube the system not that ULS diesel is all that is available. It does run stronger with the WMO but you can smell the difference when behind it. Just make sure it has NO water in it. Technically taxes have already been paid on the oil when it was bought, I am using it as an additive just like any other fuel additive (ie: wynn's, stp, octane boost, cetalyne boost, etc.)
It might have had sales tax on it when bought but road use tax was not paid on motor oil .

Chief_919

Up to 50% in the summer, and 30% in the winter have been no problem for me.

Runs smoother and quieter in fact.

Just filter it well.

kipman

I have a get of jail free card, sent the State of Ohio the road tax for x amount of non taxed fuel I use per year, now would love to get pulled over and have my tank dipped.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6.2 on wmo...?

how does the blazer run on wmo

I guess I was diesel green at some point in my life.

dmilkman589 Check this out.

The same engine is in a M-1008, M-1009 and a M-1028.

A GM Diesel 6.2 is a diesel engine, not a multi-fuel. I fill up with diesel and 1 quart of 20/50 MO to help lube the fp. This engine is and was designed to run on diesel fuel not ATF, UMO,E-85, or any other fuels.

After all it's your truck and you will do with it as you see fit. IMHO, I would only use a fuel recommended by the manufacture. 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks