• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does the shutter stat work?

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you would have posted this about 4 days ago! I just paid $255 for a NOS. I would have been willing to try this other one. Anyway, my new one is installed and no more air leaks. Hopefully this one works as it should but I probably won't know until Haspin in Sept.

tracks4me

M939a2 Fan Clutch Maintenance Troubleshooting Tips from a military magazine. Page 11

Last edited:

sed6

Absolutely. The rebuilt shutter stat has been working just fine for months after the new O-rings. Be sure to clean up all the surfaces in there with some 2000 grit sandpaper or fine steel wool if the surfaces have any buildup or corrosion. Also be sure to use quality O-rings and not just the ones you find at Harbor Freight.
Can you describe or use one of the pics in this thread to explain which threads need counting? I'm about to take mine off/apart to rebuild.

This thread is full of great info. Thanks all!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you describe or use one of the pics in this thread to explain which threads need counting? I'm about to take mine off/apart to rebuild.
This thread is full of great info. Thanks all!

View attachment 567500

Starting from left to right you have the thermal capsule at the end, then the stem that's threaded into the body, then a jam nut. You need to reassemble the stem at the same depth that you removed it or it will change activation temperature. Count the the threads on the stem to the left of the jam nut in the picture. Make sure to replace the O-ring behind the jam nut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks