• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does the spare tire mount in the back of a M1009?

linx310

I looked at the pictures in the TMs and they are not very helpful.

Can some one take a picture of how the spare tire is bolted to the spare tire carrier.

I have the round plate over the center of the rim tighten down with the bar that has two holes in it.

What is the other hole for?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No pics but here is the diagram from the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual.

Only one hole is used.

Attachments

linx310

Yea that is the diagram i followed.

Do you think the extra hole is for a cable to lock the spare to the tire carrier?

edpdx

All of my mounting hardware was gone so I went to "the yard" and scrounged up: Long "wing" bolt with nut, triangular flange, large circular flange from various GM products. I'll gram a pic.

For now it works; but it is not ideal as the wing bolt is way too long and not completely threaded. When I get my starter issue resolved I am going to thread the shaft of the wing bolt completely, then turn it in all the way and cut off any excess. I'll use the triangular flange then.

Attachments

Last edited:

donalloy1

linx310, I thought I was the only one that fought with that. Feel better now! After playing with it for a long time. Was able to utilize both holes, but it looked goofy. Problem is quick removal. Takes a couple wrenches to get off. Will take another look. Recall I got pretty frustrated. Grabbed some Bud Lights and called it good.:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks