• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does this M1008 sound?

codycr6

I am looking at an M1008 right now, 91k miles, new batteries, no rust (Tennessee truck), has later Chevy Alcoa aluminum wheels with 80% tread 315/75/16 (35/12.50/16) Toyo Mud Terrains. I drove the truck, seems to be all good, dealer has it and two M1009's, he is asking $3750 for the M1008 with the factory wheels included as well. Truck looks well maintained, he checked the fluids when they came in and said all fluids looked clean and fresh. It's about four hours away, I was just passing though from a business trip and saw them. Going to try to take the wife to look at it in the next week or two.

codycr6

4x4

Dealer said he tested it... I put it in 4 low just to make sure the transfer case shifted, but I didn't have the hubs locked in. Would definitely test it more completely before buying.

AJMBLAZER

Sounds good if all works well. Check for leaks and such as most of these have way more engine hours than the odometers would seem to indicate.

12vctd

looking at a 1008 listed im my local craigslist for 3k its just as clean as that but stock wheels and tires. I hope to offer 2800 and get it. But honestly I think that truck is well worth 3750, if its not leaking and drives good, stters straight and stops good. I think you would be getting a good deal.

jsbrewster1

Sounds like a good deal. i got mine last week in east TN and the guy wanted 4K for it. took it for a ride and drove great stopped good. even the wipers worked which was a plus for all the rain we have had. one problem NO front drive shaft. he kept saying it had one but eveytime i looked it didn't. long story short take it to a shop and let them give it a once over. it might give you a little hagel room. saved me 1200.

ABN173

Hello,

New nember here. I have been interested in CUCVs for a long time, finally found a few locally. I have a '78 K10 currently, but is just about eaten up by rust and I am looking to replace it soon. If you will, please share your opinions on the following trucks.

2S - 1986 Chevrolet Military Truck

3S - 1986 Chevrolet Military Truck

Thank you.
Welcome Cubman

5k could possibly buy two running cucv's, No I'm not against private sales. In fact my first M1009 I bought for $3800. Knowing what I know now (mostly from this website) there is no way I would pay 5k for one except maybe if it had come from Devilman's shop and then it would be well above 5k. My advice check the classified adds under the resource tab on this site. Or if your a gambling man click the Gov Liquidation add on the left hand corner.

Best of luck to you,
Dale

jimmy-90

One thing you might want to do is make sure he is starting it up cold and not half warm and let it idle down. then turn all the lights and blinkers on and TURN THE HEATER ON FULL BLAST and see if either generator light glows at all. By the way is that the stock suspension on that truck??? I was wondering because I ordered a set of 34" swampers and Im not sure if they will clear my front fenders or not. If that is the stock suspension with 35s then I should be ok. If not im curious to know how much lift it will take to get the 34s under there.

hogtruck

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of them has air conditioning and other the other has air conditioned seats? Take a look at mine in the classifieds.

Cubman

Thank you for the responses. I was planning on giving them a ridiculously low offer since they have been sitting there so long. I have been looking several places. The one in SS Classifieds in Huntsville, AL is still over 200 miles from me. I did see this one on Craigslist:
1984 chevy one ton diesel 4x4

If they are solid green, does this mean they have been repainted, or were there some CUCVs that were not camouflaged?

CUCV85

yeah

Thank you for the responses. I was planning on giving them a ridiculously low offer since they have been sitting there so long. I have been looking several places. The one in SS Classifieds in Huntsville, AL is still over 200 miles from me. I did see this one on Craigslist:
1984 chevy one ton diesel 4x4

If they are solid green, does this mean they have been repainted, or were there some CUCVs that were not camouflaged?
R e p a i n t e d

Always to L A Z Y to stencil the brown and black after initial Applicationb
of OD Green.