• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How far in, Front yoke-rear driveshaft

Milkman357

I had a front Yoke fail on my rear driveshaft. It took out the transfer care housing...

I got everything back together... but I was wondering how far should the front yoke, on the rear driveshaft, slide into the transfer case, on my M-1009?

It seems to be a little over 50 percent in...

The part of the yoke slides in and out....seems to be about 6 inches long..
A tad over 3 inches enters the transfer case.

No extra lift on my vehicle. I did add a new rear leaf, to bring the rear end up a tad..

I think it's ok.... But I wanta hear what your M-1009 looks like...

axlr8

question for you m1009 owners.... whered you guys find most of your nos parts? i can only find beat to Sh!T parts.........even though i dont own a mv yet im still looking :D

Milkman357

O Reilys

O reily's auto parts.

They carry many replacement parts. Other than the 24 v system... 24 v starter... its a civilian Blazer.

It's also nice to have friends!

Some things you might need a junk yard.. I needed a new front spindle.. Junk yard... $25

There were so many of these trusck made, and many parts are the same accross the truck lineup...

1/2 pick ups, Suburbans.

the CDR valve (diesel PVC valve) gets tricky.. but I think there are ways to rig up something newer. These vehicles will be around for a long time.

I have also heard of vultures, who hover around, and wait for someone to total their CUCV... Then you will get emails like.. "Can I have your glove box..."

or

"Is you dash complete?" funny but true.

Steel Soldiers is great! Just don't mention anything about GL... people get weird when an auction is going on!

axlr8

ha thanks milkman....ill be sure to make some friends....and i also agree nice rig....now all you need is a deuce to park behind it and a apc in front....anyways thank you guys!

KsM715

Steel Soldiers is great! Just don't mention anything about GL... people get weird when an auction is going on!
Thats because were're hovering over those trucks like buzzards waiting to get our hands on those parts. :razz: (not me though, I haven't been bitten by the CUCV bug yet)

Barrman

You really need to let the bug bite you. It will be like driving the M715, but for half the cost, more speed, less interior heat and you will sit in seats you actually want to sit in for more than about 10 seconds. Being able to walk into an auto parts store and ask for a part by announcing the exact vehicle it is going to get bolted on is a new and kind of neat thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks