• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How full is full

m35a2cowner

If the outer wheel bearings are lubricated by grease, how full do you fill the differential? To the plug or within xx percent on an inch of the plug? Sorry if this question has been asked before and I missed it. Thanks

papercu

full

There is a very amazing manual over in the TM section that is listed as the LO (Lubrication Order) 9-2320-209-12-1 that is just filled with all kinds of facts like the item you asked about. Print out a copy and on those dark and stormy nights or when the wife/girlfriend has a headache, read it and all kinds of mysteries will be revealed. Now just keep this between us, we wouldn't want this kind of info released to the masses. Good luck, Wayne :D

acetomatoco

RE: How Full

Good job... my rule of thumb is that if you can reach the GL1 with the second knuckle of the middle finger, it is full...make sure the vent is working... ACE

m35a2cowner

Thin Grease

For a while I have been plagued with brakes that grab on the right side. I finally got up the nerve (especially after those very detailed explanations of how to do on the site) to tear down the right side and put a new Axel seal, king pin bushings and brake 4 shoes and turn drums (both sides). I already put a new master cylinder last year. For a while I have noticed an slight oily drip from the wheels. I figured it was the wheel cylinder or axle seal (Hub was loose so that is reason for bushings). When I tore it down tonight (ignore date on pictures) I noticed the grease was very runny and was inside the outer and inner axle tube (see pictures). I an thinking it might actually be what is getting out on to the shoes and causing the problem. It was out on the outer end of the axle splines. Is this possible? Also, what type of grease (available from NAPA) would be good for reassembly? And I especially want to give a big tip of the hat to Karen and Ted at Ted's Trucks who really went the extra mile to get me parts when my credit card wouldn't work on their system. Very good people and a pleasure to do business with.

Attachments

m35a2cowner

I know the grease question might be a bit out out of how full is full but I was initially asking because of this problem. Thanks again for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks